Sheridan Maine are working closely with a leading Investment and Services Group based in Bournemouth who are seeking a Head of Finance to join the business and head up their finance function. We are seeking a Qualified Accountant with a hands on attitude and background gained in Audit, someone who will enjoy understanding the commercial aspects of the businesses and challenge the status quo.
Reporting directly to the Board, this role will be responsible for the following:
- Helping to structure the company’s investments and protect the Group’s future position.
- Leading the centralised finance function and managing team performance to high standards.
- Review and audit management accounts that are prepared by the finance team, ensuring consistency across the Group.
- Ensure that there are appropriate financial and structural controls in place to help protect investments.
- Take ownership of the finance procedures and ensure our processes are documented.
- Be prepared to challenge information provided, and drive performance through spotting opportunities and risk.
- Liaise with year-end auditors and tax advisors.
You will be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) who has trained in Practice either looking for move or with Industry experience.
- A track record of delivering tangible improvements or identifying issues.
- A natural affinity to connect the dots between people, processes, systems and products.
- A strong team manager who can continually develop their team.
- A good level of IT proficiency, including Excel.
- Experience in a multi-currency environment and accounts consolidation would be beneficial.
On offer to the successful candidate:
- Highly competitive package
- £3,000 annual training budget
- Unlimited holiday
- Free use of Use of stunning properties.