Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working exclusively with a leading Group of companies based in Bournemouth, who due to an exciting period of growth and acquisition have created a new role of Financial Controller for a new venture being launched throughout this coming year.
As Financial Controller you will report into the Operations Director and working closely with the Senior Leadership team you will manage finance, accounting, operations, marketing and personnel to ensure that the business is profitable and there are proper internal controls in place.
The core responsibilities of the position will include financial reporting, business budgeting and forecasting, business development projects, treasury management, risk evaluation and business analysis.
As well as the development and growth of the finance department, including accountants and financial assistants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage the preparation of budgets, financial forecasts and variance reports
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Prepare and manage cashflow forecast
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Motivate and lead finance team members
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Assist the Director in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
Required Skills and experience:
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent
- Experience in leisure, hospitality and retail (or similar)
- Experience preparing payroll, VAT returns, preparation of statutory accounts
- Ability to recruit and manage a finance team
- Attention to detail and Ability to adapt and improve current systems and procedures
- Strong character that is able to cope under pressure with the drive and ambition to further develop within this role
This is a really unique new position within a really pragmatic and entrepreneurial organisation where you will be able to make your mark. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer to the successful candidate.
Please get in touch with Anja Davison asap on: email@example.com for a confidential chat about this opportunity.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.