“Each new day is an opportunity to improve yourself. Take it. And make the most of it.”
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a well-known members club that is currently recruiting a Finance Business Partner into its busy Finance team based in Hertfordshire.
In this role, you will be the finance key point of contact for all 17 departments. Your job purpose will be to deliver outstanding service to departmental heads in understanding their costs and where they are vs target.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Monthly meetings with budget holders
• Provide Department Heads with clear focus/proactive view on financial priorities
• Provide draft P&Ls prior to month end where appropriate to have accurate accounts
• Work closely with Management Accounts to produce the month-end P&L’s
• Understand all variances to budget and contingencies
• Maintain risk and opportunities schedule
• Ensure smooth and timely forecasting process
• Working closely with the Club FBP’s – ensuring they are aware of the key Club Support initiatives
• Partnering with HR for pay reviews and bonus plans ensuring project plans are in track, regular updates with HR to maintain focus and ensuring accuracy by checking and reviewing
• Working with other teams in Finance (e.g. Group Reporting and Management Accounts) to ensure Club Support accounts are produced in line with Group rules
What you will need to be great for this role:
• CIMA/ACCA/ACA/equivalent qualified (2/3 years PQE)
• Deeply commercial, fascinated by understanding the operational side of a business
• Ability to influence a wide section of the business to deliver important business initiatives
• Excellent communication skills to deliver the key messages from a significant amount of data
• Excellent modelling skills essential
• Highly analytical, resilient and calm under pressure, results oriented, committed to getting things done
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.