“The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves.” Ray Kroc.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an award-winning healthcare provider based in Essex. They are currently recruiting a Finance Manager into their Finance Department.
The successful candidate will be a qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) finance individual with strong leadership skills and experience of working within the medical industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Finance Department
• Oversee the production of monthly management accounts and management reports for Senior Management and Heads of Department in accordance with agreed deadlines
• Oversee the accuracy of all accounting ledgers, including general ledger and cashbook transactions, and monthly reconciliations of balance sheet items and bank accounts
• Analyse monthly financial performance of the facility and provide explanations on the variations in performance compared to budget and the previous year’s results
• Oversee preparation of month-end reporting requirements for submission to Head Office
• Oversee preparation of weekly forecast reports for submission to Head Office
• Control income, cash flow and expenditure
• Manage the Finance Department to agreed KPIs, including conducting annual appraisals and setting of targets for staff objectives
• Provide and interpret financial and non-financial information to various stakeholders
• Be the point of contact for external auditors and support the CFO in fulfilling audit requirements
• Provide support to all departmental heads on financial matters including supporting the CFO in monthly review of departmental Profit and Loss accounts
• To provide ad-hoc analysis of the facility’s financial information when required, including supporting the CFO in business development opportunities
• Direct line manager for Management Accountant, Finance Assistant, Accounts Payable Team
• Responsible for induction training of new staff and developing the knowledge and skills of existing staff in line with hospital and personal objectives
• Responsible for developing, monitoring and reviewing operating policies in an initiative geared toward operational excellence
• Encourages a positive, can do attitude within the team at all times
• Reviews the performance and competence of staff through annual appraisal, identifying training needs and arranging for its provision in conjunction with Human Resources
• Manages own budget with overall budget responsibility for each department
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), or QBE
• Excellent accounting competency
• Organised worker and excellent communicator to all levels
• Substantial experience in producing and analysing management accounts
• Experience in staff supervision
• Private Healthcare accounting experience
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.