“Wealth flows from energy and ideas.” William Feather.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established financial services organisation that is looking to recruit a Financial Accountant into their team based in central London.
In this role, you will work closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Team to deliver accurate and timely Financial Reporting of Annual Financial Statements, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, FCA and VAT Returns, as well as assisting in improving existing processes and controls.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Full ownership of Company Balance Sheet Reconciliations including monthly preparation and/or review, process improvement and analysis in line with appropriate accounting policy
• Preparation of Annual Financial Statements of seven companies
• Supporting the Financial Controller in the planning, preparation, and delivery of the year end audit
• Completion of Bi-annual FCA Returns of three companies
• Quarterly VAT Return Review
• Review of the existing control environment and processes and advising on and implementing improvements and changes
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant
• Technical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
• Technical knowledge of FCA Reporting for FSA001, FSA002 and FSA003
• Ability to handle high levels of pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.