Sheridan Maine are working exclusively with a rapidly growing family owned Group based in the South West, who are seeking a Qualified Finance Manager to join the business. The group has many different revenue streams and is a highly diverse business. With recent capital investment they are able to add to what is already a well-established business and enhance its portfolio.
Reporting into the Head of Group Finance, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the daily operations of the Finance office and ensuring the delivery MI as per the agreed timetable.
Roles & Responsibilities
Key Skills & Experience
- Manages the day to day operations of AP/AR, Banking and Payroll.
- Responsible for 6 direct line reports, including their support and development.
- Works with the team to deliver Monthly, Quarterly and Annual deadlines
- Ensure the Balance Sheet is reconciled monthly
- Reviewing the weekly outsourced Payroll
- Produces the VAT returns
- Oversees the cash rooms controls and procedures
- Supports and liaises with the company auditors
- Short-term Cash-flow forecasting
- Works with other departments to improve data input and processes
- Ensures the weekly BACS runs are processed
- Supports the Senior Leadership team with adhoc queries and reports
- Support the Head of Group Finance in report generation
- Process and review the Monthly Accruals and Prepayments
- Supports adhoc projects when required
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA (Essential)
- Good knowledge of MS Excel with large ERP Systems e.g. SAP
- Payroll (outsourced) knowledge
- Able to demonstrate the ability to drive system/process efficiency
- Able to lead an effective team against a structured timetable
- Experience of VAT and Corporation Tax
Great benefits and working environment on offer to the successful candidate.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.