“Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.” Harper Lee.
We are proud to be working with an award-winning provider of business services and advice, to recruit a temporary Finance Officer into their busy team based in Wakefield.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Liaise with staff and suppliers to place orders, check deliveries against the order information and take corrective action where necessary
• Checking deliveries and working with suppliers to correct any discrepancies and liaison with finance in respect of associated financial matters
• Timely and accurate inputting and registering and of invoices for payment on the Purchase Ledger systems
• Liaise with staff and external suppliers to ensure invoices are paid
• Maintain database, checking orders, delivery notes and invoices weekly to facilitate the month end journal upload
• Contribute to the provision of effective supply services. Maintain appropriate supplies, records and returns and liaise with suppliers on queries and issues
• Undertake daily petty cash transactions, balancing and reimbursing petty cash when necessary
• Generate sales invoices in a timely manner, review and recover aged debt
• Make purchases using the company credit card, balancing and reconciling when necessary
• Provide detailed analysis to budget holders of purchases made
What you will need to be great for this role:
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including word and excel
• Experience of using and maintaining databases
• Prioritise own workload and manage own time
• Effective communication skills – both written and verbal with internal and external partners
• Numerate and analytical skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.