Sheridan Maine are seeking an experienced Senior Finance & Project Manager to join a dynamic and evolving finance team based in Dorset. This role will support the Finance function with specific project work and ad hoc financial analysis, as well as providing support to the wider Finance team with day-to-day activities as required.
Due to the wide scope of the role, it would suit a candidate with project experience but also broader experience in financial close processes, financial reporting, management accounting and budgeting/forecasting, ideally gained within the retail sector or a similar dynamic industry.
- As the main focus of the role, the project will involve working directly with the CFO and Head of Finance and may be required to work closely with other members of senior management and with any department within the business.
- The role will require ad-hoc analysis of historical and projected results, providing detailed commentary and insight, along with detailed modelling and forecast projections.
- As part of helping to achieve/maintain best practice for the Finance function, the role will assist with maintaining a robust control environment by ensuring key controls are performed and accurate records are kept.
- The role will involve commercial analysis and insight, with consideration for how best to present the company to third party stakeholders.
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact and gain respect and trust at all levels
- Proactive self-starter who thrives on being fully accountable for their work
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Must be detail-orientated with strong analytical skills, whilst still being able to view the big picture
- Ability to work well with others and handle pressure and rapidly changing demands in a fast-paced, dynamic and customer-focused environment
- Flexible, high energy and passionately committed to delivering high quality work
On offer to the successful candidate
- Qualified Accountant – ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- As well as project experience, the ideal candidate would have proven experience in financial close processes, management accounting, financial planning and analysis, financial reporting and control
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays with an increase each holiday year
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous training, development and performance management