“The biggest thrill wasn’t in winning on Sunday but in meeting the payroll on Monday”. Art Rooney.
Sheridan Maine are proud to be working with a business services firm based in the Newport area of South Wales who are currently looking for a Payroll Administrator to join their busy finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced payroller to join a supportive firm that offers comprehensive training and development opportunities to its employees.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Processing weekly and monthly payroll, including RTI submissions to HMRC
• Using spreadsheets and formulae to collate weekly payroll information
• Processing SMP, SSP, pension and other deductions
• Calculate and process CIS deductions via our software
• Setting up starters and leavers and process necessary returns (P46/P45)
• Process year-end returns (P60)
• Liaise with clients, workers and HMRC to resolve all payroll queries
• Assisting the team in contacting new employees daily to get them registered and set up on the system
• Discussing payroll models with the employees to ascertain the most appropriate option
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Minimum 2 years relevant payroll experience
• Excellent customer service skills required and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Must be an ambitious individual and be able to work alone or as part of a team
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.