Sheridan Maine are working with a leading global manufacturing organisation on an exclusive basis to recruit a Technically strong Finance Manager to join their site based near Bournemouth.
Working to ensure compliance under policies and procedures for the business, the Finance Manager will also be responsible for supervising a team across Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable and Payrolls. The successful candidate will be Qualified with a strong audit background and previous Supervisory experience.
- Developing robust reporting and preparation of monthly reports
- Establishing system controls for automated payroll system, ongoing maintenance and develops procedures to improve existing systems
- Coordinating preparation of internal audit materials and external compliance
- Acting as liaison and interface for reviews and internal audits
- Responsible for the employment, training, motivation and supervising staff
- Supervising maintenance of accounting systems in accordance with GAAP and any other applicable policiesand procedures
- Maintaining AP/AR/expenses (subsidiary) ledgers of the facility, reconciliations and currency conversion as needeDeveloping and recommends credit policies and collection procedures
- Directing fixed asset control and depreciation, accrual to meet anticipated liabilities, preparation of general tax reports such as those for sales, payroll, VAT & customs
- Assisting in the development of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll
- Ensuring integration of data produced into systems and supports objectives of financial analysts
- Ensuring the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data
- Participating in adhoc project work
Your experience and key skills:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent related experience
- Previous supervisory experience of managing people within a finance team
- Knowledge of Government compliance issues, specifically related to VAT/customs duty regulations
- Good communication skills and the ability to handle challenging situations
- Strong IT skills
- Experience in payroll processes & outputs, desirable
- Previous experience of implementing new systems would be an advantage
This role will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to join a growing organisation with excellent benefits and future career development.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible