“You walk into a store, whatever it is, and if there’s a sense of entertainment and excitement and electricity, you wanna be there.” Howard Schultz.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a globally recognised brand and rapidly expanding retail chain. They are currently recruiting a Financial Accountant into their team based in west London.
In this role, you will work closely with the local, EMEA & US accounting/finance teams, as well key stakeholders such as IT and External Audit.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop and maintain the EMEA Finance Internal Controls Framework to ensure compliance with the relevant process owners within EMEA and with SOX; delivering a comprehensive control self-assessment program and continuous control monitoring
• Responsible for the consolidated financial data and for preparing and analysing consolidated information for monthly and quarterly reporting
• Manage the month end close processes and consolidation reporting systems
• Partner with various business leaders to provide input into business processes and controls and incorporate controls into testing plans
• Support process improvement, automation, and control implementation projects across finance
• Identify opportunities for finance partner development and develop broader organisational training for internal controls to promote a culture of strong awareness of internal controls
What you will need to be great for this role:
• ACA/ACCA qualified with at least 2 years’ post qualified experience
• Previous Internal or/and External Audit and Assurance background
• Strong technical skills and a sound knowledge of and internal control frameworks and SOX requirement
• Excellent knowledge of US and UK GAAP, and IFRS accounting standards and consolidated group reporting
• Experience working with large ERP accounting and reporting system
• Ability to collaborate cross functionally, and to explain complex accounting matters to non-accountants
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.