“Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.” Francis of Assisi.
An international charity that supports wellbeing across the world is seeking an experienced, qualified from audit, customer focussed technical expert. To provide a customer focussed technical finance advisory service available to all colleagues providing guidance on technical accounting matters, regulatory and compliance issues and tax matters. Enabling colleagues to ensure they operate within requirement and will develop appropriate controls, and ensure objectives are delivered in a compliant manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead provision of financial technical advice (accounting, tax and regulatory) ensuring robust guidance
- Establish and maintain engaging guidance and operating procedures as a one stop shop/first point of call /easy to use online tool for common areas of technical advice
- Anticipate potential impacts of new accounting standards (in particular IFRS and USGAAP), changes in tax/regulations/law/compliance requirements globally and assess
- options and risks and recommend solutions accordingly to manage implications. Seeking external expert advice where appropriate
- Develop and implement technical training for key colleagues, particularly subject matter experts to build a higher level of general understanding of key technical issues
- Ensure Finance fully considers and reflects impact of changes in accounting standards/regulations and tax regulation into its in year accounting procedures and controls and in
- preparation of Financial Statements, in a timely and effective way. Ensuring these are aligned with expectations of external auditors
- Act as semi-independent technical review of the IFRS and USGAAP financial statements prior to provision to the external auditors
- Work in partnership with Legal Counsel
- Build appropriate SOPs annual work plans and control reviews to ensure effective implementation is occurring across the organisation
- Co-ordinate appropriate Finance, Legal, Risk colleagues and external advisers as needed to provide integrated comprehensive customer focussed solutions to challenges
- Work in partnership with Legal team to assess tax regulatory requirements in countries, assist in providing technical advice and support to enable and ensure resolution of
- Lead efficient, effective and timely completion of key regulatory and compliance returns (apart from Statutory Accounts) such as US Filings, Tax returns, charity commission etc
- Provide technical accounting and tax guidance to the Leadership Team and senior colleagues on major corporate issues such as M&A, new operating models, structures/entities
- etc in partnership with Corporate Development, Legal and Strategy teams to inform decision making, ensure efficient tax management maintained and ensure appropriate due
- diligence where needed
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Degree level education
- Good understanding charity regulatory environment
- Audit experience and exceptionally strong technical accounting skills essential in both IFRS and USGAAP
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAEW or internationally recognised equivalent) Essential
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Comprehensive understanding of tax regulations
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.