“The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.” Oscar Wilde.
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established firm with offices across the UK. Part of a global network of business advisory firms this is company with a collaborative culture that shares its client’s entrepreneurial mind-set.
As the Financial Reporting Senior, you will be part of a fast-growing team in a vibrant and modern office environment. You will work independently, be accountable for the delivery of statutory financial statements to the manager for review and be the first point of contact for their clients. You will also take an active role in identifying accounting problems and suggesting potential solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Controlling all aspects of the preparation of statutory financial statements under FRS 102, FRS 101 and IFRSs, including preparing consolidations and cash flow statements
• Directing trainees in their work, managing delivery and receipt of information to and from offshoring partners and being responsible for all aspects of file completion
• Assisting managers in planning and controlling larger, more complex assignments to ensure their completion to the required standard
• Actively seeking solutions to client’s accounting problems and being able to independently research and suggest potential resolutions to more senior members of the team
• Assisting managers with the financial management of assignments, ensuring work is completed within budget, with any budget overruns reported to a manager
• Providing clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls
• Providing financial reporting advisory services, including but not limited to transition between accounting standards and adoption of new accounting standards (for example, IFRS 16)
• Supervising, coaching, motivating and developing trainees and reviewing and appraising work at the end of the assignment
• Keeping technical knowledge up to date by attending and presenting at team technical sessions and monitoring regulatory change
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified ACA or equivalent
• Previous experience of statutory financial statement preparation in accordance with FRS 102, FRS 101 and IFRSs as well as preparation of consolidations and cash flow statements
• Training and knowledge of the new IFRSs (IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16)
• Experience of leading client assignments
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.