A highly successful and growing division of a FTSE 250 plc that is one UK’s leading suppliers of personal credit products is recruiting a Senior Impairment Analyst to develop and lead the production and analysis on granular operational loss actuals and forecasts. You will be expected to provide solutions and enhancements to the forecasting methodology and manage data controls and efficiencies. You’ll build and manage strong working relationships across the group, giving you and your work excellent exposure.
Reporting to the Head of Finance the key deliverables and responsibilities of the Senior Impairment Analyst include:
- Management and development of IFRS9 model/governance, monthly impairment analysis and translation of these results to the finance team and other areas of business in a clear, concise way to identify operational drivers for change working closely with Credit Risk and Pricing
- Responsibility for future arrears, terminations and roll rates forecasting, working closely with business and operations
- Develop and enhance segmentation, model validation, internal controls, procedural documentation and model monitoring
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required and provide recommendations and solutions based on analysis
- Statutory, Capital, and Regulatory reporting in relation to receivables
- Support alignment of IFRS9 and credit
- Collaborate with both internal and external audit to provide information where necessary in line with the auditing process
- Contribute to any technological advances that will increase efficiency and reduce error across the business
- Lead ad-hoc finance initiatives and project management
- Ensure that overall governance and control procedures are adhered to
- Driving a culture of continuous change and improvement
- Adhere to the FCA conduct rules
The ideal candidate profile:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with demonstrable PQE in a similar role
- Understanding of lending book, credit quality of assets
- IFRS9 model and curves
- Financial services experience e.g. Banking, lending, consumer finance
- Excellent Excel, systems and analytics skills
- Ability to operate effectively within a governance and control environment of a PLC Group
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, preferably FCA and/or PRA
The role is currently home based and moving forward the company are able to offer a flexible working week with a blend of working in the office and from home, therefore the successful candidate must be able to commute regularly to their offices in Hampshire.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.