Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an award-winning employer of choice, based on the beautiful South Coast, who we are working collaboratively with to engage an experienced Finance Manager to join their business. A vibrant and proactive working environment with flexible working arrangements, benefits package and ongoing career development are on offer to the successful candidate.
The key purpose of this rare new role will be to lead, manage and develop a team of direct and indirect reports to deliver a quality service to key Stakeholders, ensuring all tasks are completed in line with the annual timetable and there is cover by others within the team or the wider Development Accounts team to ensure delivery is maintained.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Maintain annual timetable (multiple year ends) and track progress on a weekly basis for all key tasks and deadlines
• Oversee the preparation, review and distribution of the year end accounts for developments within the required timescale
• Ensure robust process and controls are in place
• Oversee the calculation and ensure subsequent issue of invoices/credit notes, and refunds where applicable
• Manage the end to end budget cycle within the required billing timescales
• Responsible for managing the various tools and systems used to produce the accounts, budgets, quarterly spend reports and other reporting or analysis as and when required
• Key contact for the Operations Managers and attend monthly Finance/Ops meetings
• Support process improvement initiatives across the accounts function
• Work alongside other members of the finance team as necessary on a daily basis and help support their objectives
What you will need to be great for this role:
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA with at least 5 years’ post qualified experience
• Previous experience in leading a team is essential
• Strong system skills – Excel, Databases, Reporting tools.
• Excellent communication skills in person, by telephone and over email
• Strong team player and able to motivate and develop a team in order to meet deliverables
• Ability to comply with strict processing and reporting requirements
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.