“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” Muhammad Ali.
Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a borough council located in south west London to recruit a part-qualified accountant who is working towards full qualification, (CIMA/ACA/ACCA). The position is initially planned for a 3 month period with the prospect of possible extention.
As Tax Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
• To ensure the timely and accurate submission of statutory tax returns to HMRC
• To ensure the authority’s compliance with all aspects of indirect taxation while maximising the efficiency of the Council’s position
• To monitor relevant transactions in the Council’s ledgers and to detect and swiftly remedy any areas or transactions of concern; to continually improve controls and monitoring in this area
• To provide general training and advice on all aspects of indirect taxation to the organisation both indirectly through publication and regular maintenance of guidance and directly as required
• To liaise with key stakeholders including the HMRC, the external auditor and external partners who provide financial administration support to the authority
• To represent the Council at the London and National VAT groups
• To support the Corporate Accountancy team in the closure of accounts
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!