“Whoever controls the media, controls the mind.” Jim Morrison.
Our client is a leading international business-to-business media Group. They are currently looking for an experienced Accountant who will lead a team of Management Accountants.
Reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller, your responsibilities will include:
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing team of Management Accountants
• Help to implement and maintain robust financial control and reporting environment
• Prepare and review management accounts to ensure they are in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards. Present them to relevant Business and Finance stakeholders
• Develop key insights that can be used by the business to drive performance
• Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring balances are fully substantiated
• Review monthly commentary on performance against budget, forecast and prior year for businesses under ownership
• Review calculation of monthly commissions and bonuses against documented incentive schemes.
• Ensure that processes and controls are globally aligned, consistent and coordinated. Share best practice across division and department
• Foster and embody a culture of collaboration across the pillar, division, department and company
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
• Continuous process improvement expertise and mindset
• Experience in divisional reporting structure
• Strong knowledge of UK & US GAAP and IFRS
• Understanding of direct and indirect taxation
• Technical competence in finance systems, ideally NetSuite and SAP FC
• Effective coach and team leader
• Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!