“Without investment there will not be growth, and without growth there will not be employment.”
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a growing investment management firm. The company’s activities are entirely focussed on targeting sustainable energy infrastructure and private equity investments across the OECD.
As an Analyst you will be working with the Co-Chief Investment Officers, portfolio managers and investment professionals as well as other firm members.
You will be providing financial model analysis and interacting directly with the project team, third party developers, and where appropriate lenders. For this you will be responsible for keeping the projects' operational financial models updated and ensuring they reflect the latest technical, commercial and macro economical changes that have occurred or expected to occur on the investment.
This is a key role within the ongoing management of investments as it provides critical information needed to support the decision making of the Managing Partners of the project companies.
As a member of the Investment Team you will also get involved in the general management of the assets and the portfolio.
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Professional financial qualifications (ACCA, CA, CAIA, CFA, FRM)
- At least 2-3 years' experience ideally in a transaction role, from an investment bank, project finance lender/advisor, direct private equity manager, big 4 accounting firm or global energy group. Prior experience in Renewables / Infrastructure / Energy sector is strongly preferred
- An ability to understand risks, reach a balanced appraisal of probability and severity and build workable risk mitigation strategies.
- Strong commercial mindset, able to understand the impact of commercial positions on potential investments and the potential to own increasing degrees of decision making over time
- Excellent spoken and written communication, with the ability to influence internally and externally
- Strong modelling experience, skills and the ability to build project finance infrastructure models from scratch
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.