“Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” Are you an experienced Payroll Officer? Do you have experience of working within a local authority or a not for profit organisation? If so, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for!
Sheridan Maine is proud to be assisting a London borough council located in the northwest of London with their search for a Senior Payroll Officer.
In this role, you will assist the payroll manager in end-to-end processes of the Council’s payroll operations, ensuring that each stage of the payroll process is carried out efficiently and effectively, whilst complying with statutory regulations and council’s policy. To provide expert advice on all aspects of Payroll and Pensions.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
• To assist in the end-to-end running of an effective and efficient payroll processing service which includes all aspects of payroll, pension administration and operations – with due regard to employment legislation and Council policies and procedures
• Provide support to the payroll manager and team lead on monthly reconciliations of all statutory and voluntary deductions
• Work closely with the payroll manager and team lead to support effective working relationships, acting as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations
• Support team to maintain high performance and effective operational delivery, which includes developing and improving the capability of staff within the work area, motivating and mentoring them to better meet the current and future requirements of the unit
• Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of monthly and annual returns to the HMRC, ensuring all deductions are correctly calculated and paid over to the appropriate organisation
• Liaise with customers and manage complex payroll issues, supervising colleagues on an ad-hoc project basis (for example, planning and managing TUPE transfers and large service reviews)
What you will need to be great for this role:
• At least 5 years’ payroll experience
• Detailed knowledge of Oracle R12 payroll systems
• Proven track record of delivering end to end payroll processing cycles
• Payroll control reconciliation knowledge and experience
• Solid understanding of data protection, GDPR, security and audit
• Undertake complex calculations accurately and effectively
• Excellent communication skills, works effectively within a team
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!