Our client is a leading international business-to-business media Group focused primarily on the international finance, metals and commodities sectors. They are currently looking for a Finance Business Partner to join them on a 9-month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience of business partnering and be 1 year post qualified.
What you will be doing:
• Act as a Business Partner for the business domain and become embedded in the decision-making process by supporting, scenario-testing and advising on strategic decisions
• Provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to strategies of the business domain
• Improve the impact and understanding of financial reporting on business performance
• Monitor and communicate risks and opportunities to relevant stakeholders
• Prepare clear and concise commentary for the business domain, explaining the why not just the what
• Take the lead on FP&A for the business domain and support the Head of FP&A on ad hoc requests for the division, including yearly budget presentations updates and strategic reports
• Deep-dive into data and work with MDs to come up with KPIs to monitor business performance and drive behaviour
• When required, carry-out financial due diligence on any potential M&A activity and provide financial analysis on any potential disposals
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Excellent relationship-building skills which engage business managers and their teams
• Great analytical skills with the ability to turn data into strategic insight
• Ability to bring the numbers to life
• Ability to handle big data and be able to develop templates that are suitable for financial and non-financial users
• Strong influencing skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.