“I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included.” Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a multi-national toy manufacturer to recruit a Financial Accountant into its team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Based at its UK head office located just outside of London, your responsibilities will include:
• Review balance sheet and P&L accounts periodically to ensure appropriate valuation and resolve any queries
• Review of all clearing, prepayment and certain accrual accounts to ensure that accounts used are regularly reviewed and cleared
• Prepare Balance sheet reconciliation, account analysis and general ledger entries to enable the monthly reporting cycle to be completed on time and with accuracy
• Review and approve all journal entries prepared by the Assistant Financial Accountant
• Be the point of contact for Financial Planning / Local Finance for the market under direct responsibility
• Prepare final draft templates for review by Financial Planning / Local Finance before submission; pass any required adjustments (corporate reporting on a Legal Entity basis, as well as management reporting based on Business Areas)
• Ensure reporting templates in line with US GAAP and corporate policies and procedures
• Balance sheet reviews. Assist with compiling monthly/quarterly balance sheet review schedules, participate in balance sheet review meetings with local Finance teams and work to successfully actioning points arising from meetings
• Maintain and present Statutory accounts for business unit under responsibility, either directly by having local knowledge or by sub-contracting to third party
• Prepare and ensure accurate submission of VAT returns, EC-Sales and intra community supplies either directly by having local knowledge or by subcontracting to third party
• Monthly/Quarterly reconciliation of VAT accounts
• Prepare and ensure the local Tax returns for the Business Unit under responsibility is submitted on time. Liaising with Tax advisors, third party providers and corporate tax department
• Prepare and review periodic corporate tax returns
• Prepare Transfer pricing documents for Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
• Work with KPMG staff to complete interim & y-e audits
We are looking for an experienced qualified accountant (UK ACCA, ACA or equivalent) who has previous experience of financial accounting and reporting for a company with turnover in excess of £20 million.
You will also have the following skills:
• Customer focused
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Good analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly summarise and present information to management
• High level of attention to details
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!