“Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a centrally based London borough council to recruit an Accounts Assistant into their busy finance team. If you have previous experience working within a finance environment and of working within a local authority this could be just the opportunity for you.
As Accounts Assistant, your main duties will include:-
• Updating the database based on information received
• Reconciling the database to the Council’s Financial Management System
• Dealing with queries arising from the payments process
• Ensure invoices are paid within the Council’s Payment terms
• Providing analyses of expenditure as part of the budget monitoring process
• To assist the Group Accountant in the preparation of the budget and the closure of accounts
• To make payments and maintain the periodical payments register for grants to Voluntary Organisations
• To undertake any other duties as required by the Group Accountant
What you will need to be great for this role:-
• Previous experience of spreadsheet and word-processing packages in an work environment
• Must be numerate and able to interpret data
• Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!