Fantastic opportunity to join an established construction based business in West London!
My client is a construction organisation made up of dedicated in-house specialists that range from workplace consultants to furniture planners to mechanical and electrical experts to designers and maintenance teams. Being a Sunday Times ‘Best Small company’ demonstrates how great the company and culture is and their company values are present in every job they do.
They are currently looking for a Financial Accountant who will report into the Finance Manager and provide an exemplary service to customers, both internal and external, by presenting timely, accurate and meaningful information to ensure relevant decisions can be made.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Financial control over Purchase Ledger and Sub contractor Ledger accountancy function, and areas of the N/L
- Assist with group finances & treasury function
- Managing Balance Sheet reconciliations and Control Accounts
- Assisting with month end and year end close and reporting
- Compliance with allocated statutory responsibilities (VAT, PAYE, HMIT, CIS etc)
- Liaison with all external financial parties (tax authorities, VAT inspections, finance companies, bankers etc)
- Assist with production of all statutory accounts, audit documentation, draft tax computations & consolidation
- Liaison with professional advisors on required financial matters (auditors, tax advisors,)
- Produce management accounts, budgets, forecasts and other Management Information
- Reporting on project profitability and CVR’s
- Management of Work in progress reporting and revenue recognition
- Development and control of business critical KPI’s
- Strong Financial Accounting background
- Worked in the Construction industry - preferred
- Experience of project accounting and Revenue Recognition/WIP accounting - preferred
- Worked in fast paced environment, with a flexible attitude
- High level financial modelling skills
- Business Partner approach – Building and maintaining strong relationships with all interactions
- Experience of having dealt with Auditors, HMRC and other key 3rd parties
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.