“Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a borough council located in south London to recruit an Accounts Assistant into their busy finance team. If you have previous experience working within a finance environment and of working within a local authority this could be just the opportunity for you.
As Accounts Assistant, your main responsibilities will include:-
• Managing accounts payables and receivables transactions using appropriate systems and ensuring appropriate authorisation
• Dealing with queries from managers’, vendors’ and customers’ (including service providers / service users), taking appropriate action to resolve
• Carry out system reconciliations, identifying discrepancies and taking remedial action
• Participate in the Council’s closing of accounts programme
• Provide information and appropriate financial advice to budget holders and senior officers
• Participate in the preparation of bids for funding
• Participate in the preparation of financial information for internal decision making processes, e.g. Committee reports
• Provide statistical and financial analysis
• Taking ownership of a group / range of customers or vendors (includes service providers / service users / contractors) and carrying out regular checks of outstanding balances and actions required
What you will need to be great for this role:-
• Currently working towards a professional accountancy qualification relevant to public finance
• Knowledge of local government finance
• Experience with accounts payable and receivable transactions
• Effective use of ICT applications in a workplace
• Preparing financial and statistical information to various audiences in the workplace
• Able to analyse basic financial data and reports.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!