“If opportunity doesn’t knock – build a door!” Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established family owned property development business to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager.
In this role you will lead the financial resource for the new Housebuilding division, establishing structure, process and policy for the division to operate as a start-up business within a wider Group. You’ll be a member of the Senior Management Team for the division and provide overall financial support to the Managing Director. Having responsibility for all financial aspects of the division including reporting, profit and cashflow forecasting, development appraisals, taxation and financial due diligence.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of all financial information for the division
• Preparing Divisional Board meeting packs and monthly management accounts
• Preparing and presenting budget information
• Ensuring profits and cashflows are accurately forecast for live projects
• Managing, reviewing and developing reporting functions and processes in liaison with the Group Finance Team to enable accurate live project reporting
• Preparing financial planning and scenario modelling for the Managing Director
• Providing accurate analysis of development options and commercial recommendations
• Proactively contributing to project teams to aid the strategic development of sites
• Liaising with the surveyors to ensure the correct forecast of build costs
• Recording and reviewing sales and providing feedback on pricing and mix where appropriate
• Reviewing and reporting on sales and marketing budgets and strategy
• Submitting monthly VAT returns
• Supporting the renewal of the annual insurance policies
• Performing subcontractor financial due diligence reviews
• Attending Build Sales meetings, reporting on KPIs and preparing risk and opportunity schedules
• Other ad hoc project work to support the Group Financial Controller
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA)
• Minimum of 2 years PQE experience in Housebuilding
• Detailed knowledge of financial and management accounting with strong technical skills
• Ability to perform contract reviews and understand underlying accounting issues
• Familiarity with financial appraisals and financial modelling techniques
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.