Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with one of the world’s largest asset management companies who are recruiting for a Group Financial Accountant. This is a newly created position and will be a pivotal role within the Group Finance function based in central London.
The Group Finance department is a small team of six and the role will be very much hands on and require flexibility to help out/provide support whenever needed.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, your responsibilities will include:
- Month end – overall responsibility for producing the Group Reporting Pack (including actual, budgets and forecasts)
- Reporting from Dynamics using JET reports
- Month end - direct responsibility the preparation of the accounts for the holding companies, ledger reconciliation etc. and assisting on the trading companies
- Intercompany and group transaction processes, monthly reconciliation and agreement of intercompany accounts
- Supervision of the management accountant
- Preparation and maintenance of the budget and forecasting model
- Year-end Stats preparation and audit
What you will need to be considered for this role:
- Educated to degree level
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA or similar) with +3 years PQE in industry
- Experience of working as a Financial Accountant, in a small team
- Hands on book-keeping experience including intercompany and multi-currency
- Experience of supervising/ managing staff
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good team player and leadership skills, with ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, directors and key stakeholders
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.