Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with an established British organisation, who is looking to recruit an experienced Credit Controller into its finance team.
As the Credit Controller you will play a key part of the group's operations and will be responsible for maximising cash flow and reducing debt exposure. The role will involve raising invoices and chasing debt, turning revenue into cash whilst maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Reconciling customer accounts
• Releasing orders to cut-off times
• Chasing payments via telephone and email
• Solving of invoice queries efficiently
• Opening accounts and setting credit limits per the company's credit policy
• Allocating payments per customer remittances
• Reporting aged debt on Excel
• Assisting with forecasting, and reporting to identify issues
• Meeting with sales team / internal departments / customers to resolve account issues
• Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity and ensure the Credit Control Manager is informed of any account issues
• Previous Credit Control experience
• Excellent customer service skills are essential as the role will require communicating with internal and external customers/suppliers
• Ability to use accounting software and the ability to handle financial transactions accurately and rapidly
• Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
• Experience in extracting, formatting and manipulation of different output file types is desirable
• 25 days annual leave, pro rata
• Excellent pension scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Cycle to work scheme
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.