"The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves". Do you have experience of managing multidisciplinary teams? Do you have the ability to motivate and empower others? Are you looking for your next finance opportunity within an internationally recognised business?
As Financial Controller you will deliver efficient and effective accounting services for Business Line Investment Companies in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Based in the London headquarters, your key responsibilities will include:
• Deliver timely and accurate financial reports in accordance with IFRS and local statutory requirements
• Co-ordinate the preparation of statutory financial statements for UK entities and provide technical support and guidance
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting to the board
• Review VAT and Corporation Tax returns for UK entities
• Develop and monitor appropriate internal controls to ensure conformance and compliance with company policies and J-SOX
• Manage the timely delivery of supporting information for internal and external audits
• Liaise with internal corporate departments (Treasury, IT, Investment, Tax etc) in order to anticipate and resolve problems
• Continually apply and review accounting treatments under Local GAAP and IFRS
• Provide support for new Group companies to set up proper Accounting & Controls Framework
• Lead any necessary change / development of the accounting system
What you need to be great for this role:
• ACA /ACCA/ CIMA qualified accountant
• Minimum 5 years PQE
• Ability to initiate action, provide direction and take responsibility
• Proven track record of driving process improvement
• Demonstrable experience of Statutory Account, Tax and VAT return preparation
• Demonstrable knowledge of accounting treatments (UK/Netherlands GAAP and IFRS)
• Clear analytical thinker, with the ability to solve complex problems and issues
• MS Office with Advanced Excel skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.