"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power!" Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a top international business-to-business media Group who are looking for a proactive Financial Accountant.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the statutory accounts production for the Businesses within the FPS Division (under UK, US GAAP and IFRS), (around 6 per year)
• Streamline statutory reporting process, including working with Group Finance to reduce the number of legal entities
• Support the delivery of external reporting requirements and specifically lead the audit for separate legal entities within the Division. Liaise with the external auditors and divisional management accountants, ensuring that timescales are communicated and agreed and the auditors' requirements are met.
• As technical accounting lead, provide subject matter expertise for financial reporting queries and the provision of technical accounting knowledge including the implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS16), taking the lead on the understanding, analysis and modelling of technical accounting changes
• Actively contribute to the delivery of other finance change projects, including M&A projects
• Implement global tax strategy, control and compliance as defined by the Group tax department
• Responsible for the indirect tax compliance across the division
What we are looking for:
• Qualified Accountant with 2-3 years post qualification experience and strong financial reporting and IFRS expertise
• Experience of managing audit and statutory accounts production
• Detailed knowledge of financial reporting, regulatory requirements
• Experience of dealing with complex M&A transactions and associated accounting
• Good tax knowledge
• Ability to communicate effectively and influence effectively with productive, successful relationships with demanding senior stakeholders
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.