Sheridan Maine is pleased to present this exciting Finance Analyst opportunity with a globally recognised market leader who offer specialised engineering services to a diverse range of sectors.
As Finance Analyst, you will be part of a small team responsible for the consolidation and preparation of Group monthly management accounts, annual and half yearly financial statements, budgets and forecasts. The team also assists the treasury function for the Group. The consolidation package, SAP BPC, is controlled and managed by the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Producing forecast financial statements and cash flows to installing SAP BPC in new businesses and training staff in its use
• Assist with the preparation of Monthly Group Management Accounts - consolidate the information received from units in SAP BPC, checking accuracy and reasonableness
• Produce reports and seek explanations for variances and assess reasonableness
• Assist with the drafting and preparation of the financial statements by preparing various schedules and working papers
• Assist auditors in their audit
• Budget and forecasts (3 per year)
• Visit divisional offices worldwide to review the project review procedures and to carry out reviews of the financial controls in place
• Provide "helpdesk" technical support to SAP BPC users in the divisions. Update the system for new units or changes in existing information requirements. Prepare appropriate workbooks for collecting of budget and
forecast results as well as for any additional information required at year end
• Monitor new accounting standards and assess their impact on the Group. Prepare reports on their implications and assist in their implementation across the Group
The ideal Candidate will be:
• Technically strong ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CA qualified candidate from an audit background
• Experience of Finance IT applications (ideally SAP)
• The ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review
• Experience within a sizeable organisation with complex moving parts
The successful candidate will be commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and an influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.