'The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power.' I currently have an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world's leading media groups. With offices in locations across the globe this is a great chance to join a world leader. From advertising to marketing this company have it covered!
Our client are looking for an ACA / ACCA qualified accountant with at least 2 years' post qualified experience to join their Finance team as Network Financial Controller. In this role, you will ensure monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting is completed and delivered accurately by the given deadlines for a number of UK corporate entities and lead in delivering the results and reporting for the consolidated UK Group.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for delivery of the monthly forecasts and annual budgets for corporate entities
• Responsible for submission of the forecasts and budgets
• Responsible for the delivery of the management accounts for the corporate entities
• Technical lead on more complex areas of accounting and reporting
• Approve journals to be posted onto the finance system
• Responsible for payroll reconciliation and reporting for selected entities
• Responsible for the delivery of the financial statements for the corporate entities including the reconciliation of US to UK GAAP
• Responsible for the delivery of the consolidated accounts for selected entities
• Coordinate and lead audit deliverables for the group and corporate entities audits
• Oversee VAT and EC sales list submission to HMRC on a quarterly basis and timely payments to HMRC including monthly tax account reconciliations
• Overseeing delivery of the consolidated tax reporting for selected entities
• Overseeing all UK tax statutory reporting
• Responsible for coordination and delivery of cash flow forecasts
• Training and team development including interns
• Ad hoc projects
Other qualities you will need for this role:
• Strong double entry bookkeeping knowledge is essential in this role
• Experience of Hyperion is beneficial but not essential
• Strong analytical skills
• Pro-active and with a can do attitude and able to handle tasks and drive results without close supervision
• A team player who actively supports others around them but also with ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate at all levels
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.