Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a leading international business-to-business media Group and a FTSE-250 company to recruit an exceptional leader to join their Central Functions team as Finance Director.
The core purpose of this role is to lead and partner with the central functions in the delivery of their strategic financial goals, as well as establish, manage and monitor performance against financial targets. You will have the ability to think strategically, drive action and navigate through a complex, matrix environment. You will need to be comfortable in working with a variety of key stakeholders, both internal and external, with the ability of communicating complex financial information in simple terms.
The position will also business partner the CEO office, in conjunction with the Group CFO and will play a key role in shaping the financial strategy of the functions.
Partnering with functional leads, the role will determine levels of investment, identify risks and opportunities to reduce costs and improve operating profit for the Group.
The finance team comprises circa 9 employees, their responsibilities covering finance management, investment evaluation and modelling, financial and management accounting, and risk activities.
The role will be based in London, with some international travel.
The Central Functions Finance Director will demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills to bring the best out of the central functions and to deliver results in an effective manner.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Substantial experience with a successful track record as a Finance Business Partner in a management role, within an international environment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages
• High level of analytical skills and financially astute
• Provision of leadership with regard to achievement of financial and related productivity targets
• Presence and stature to generate respect and trust amongst their peers and stakeholders
• Influencing decision making across the business to ensure financial consequences are taken into account
• Demonstrable experience in Financial reporting and forecasting, budgetary control and business planning
• Someone who demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset and who always challenges the status quo
• Someone who thinks deeply to understand business issues and then who acts decisively and is execution-focused and is committed to delivering on time and at pace
• Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and to develop financial and investment plans
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.