Are you a studying or about to start studying towards your accountancy qualification? Do you have a basic knowledge of Accounting Standards and the ability to complete work to tight deadlines? If so I have the perfect opportunity for you.
I have an exciting opening to work for a thriving media company known for its entrepreneurial culture. Specialising on the worldwide financial community, and with offices in locations across the globe this is a great chance to join a world leader.
Based in offices located in central London, your key responsibilities will include:
• With assistance from the Senior Management Accountant (SMA) prepare several sets of management accounts, in accordance with IFRS, and take these accounts through review with the BGM/Director and Business Partner
• Calculate commission and bonuses against documented incentive schemes
• Assist with budgeting, forecasting and 3 year business plans under the guidance of the DDs, BGMs, Business Partner and SMA
• Ability to prepare intercompany, bank and control account reconciliations with guidance from the SMA
• With assistance from the SMA prepare monthly commentary on results against budget, forecast and prior year
• Ownership of recharges
• Work with the business to ensure costs are well controlled
• Maintain financial controls for the Function
• Assist with basic internal and external audit queries
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Studying or about to start studying towards ACCA, CIMA or ACA
• Basic understanding of internal controls requirements
• Basic knowledge of Accounting Standards
• Possess intermediate Excel skills and some experience with manipulating large amounts of data
• Communicate effectively, concisely and accurately in emails and in person
• Self-starter with a sense of drive and ability to work in a complex environment
• Team player
• Positive, can-do attitude
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.