“The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves.” This is a great opportunity to work for an exciting global business based within the mobile communications industry. The company is a diverse and global organisation, represented in over 100 countries worldwide and at the forefront of mobile innovation. The Finance team is predominantly based in London with some regional business partners located in Spain, USA, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
This client is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to lead their accounting team. The position provides a good balance between established activity and the opportunity to shape and develop the control environment. You will be exposed to a fast-paced rapidly evolving environment, working on global solutions, genuinely fascinating and industry-changing projects and a stimulating and dynamic environment designed to enable you to flourish.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Lead a team to manage the day to day activities of financial accounting, billing, collections and supplier payments
• Full ledger control ensuring frameworks are in place to support adherence to relevant IFRS accounting standards
• Risk based approach to balance sheet reporting and completion of reconciliations
• Prepare consolidated group statutory accounts on an annual basis and work closely with external auditors to lead and manage the annual group audit
• Manage regional entity accounting compliance
• Provide guidance to others on adoption of any new accounting treatment
• Recommend financial system developments and exception reporting which ensure that controls are reviewed and maintained
• Build and maintain accurate currency cash-flow forecasts and associated treasury investment strategy
• Identify and drive actions to simplify operational procedures and implement process efficiencies
This role would suit someone who has had exposure to a multi-currency environment in a global business and can demonstrate the following skills:
• Evidence of strong team leadership, development and mentoring skills acting as a role model when leading a team
• Adaptable and thrives in a dynamic environment where priorities can change
• Confidence in dealing with a variety of stake-holders (including senior management and external stake-holders)
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or overseas equivalent with strong technical accounting skills
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
In addition to architect-designed offices and competitive compensation, benefits include fantastic learning and development opportunities, generous holiday allowances, four additional days off for professional development and many others.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.