“The art of communication is the language of leadership.” Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with one of the largest U.S. communications providers to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, this organisation strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections.
They are currently looking for a motivated and experienced accountant to lead their Fixed Assets, Projects and Inventory Accounting team based in their central London head office.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead the EMEA Fixed Assets, Projects and Inventory Accounting team (team of three people)
• Monthly accounting and reporting responsibilities for US GAAP Fixed Assets and Inventory
• Close Liaison with Operations, Supply Chain and FP&A teams to ensure correct accounting and reporting and support business objectives
• Provide accounting guidance and hands on support to ensure projects are evaluated and accounted for correctly in the Project Accounting and ERP systems
• Construction in Progress (CIP) analysis and review with Operations teams
• Statutory reporting under local GAAP (IFRS) for EMEA legal entities including financial statements preparation
• Reviewing (and in some cases preparing) monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Working with North American accounting counterparts on day to day tasks/ reporting/ process alignment and automation initiatives
• Performing periodic controls
• Evaluating and implementing simplification and automation initiatives
• Providing hands on support to the annual audit and quarterly review processes
• Assisting the Manager & EMEA Controller with ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate will be qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 2+ years post qualification experience. We are looking for someone with good communication skills, is a team player and has a “can-do” attitude.
Other requirements for this role:
• Experience within a similarly sized entity or from an accounting firm
• Excellent time management skills
• Intermediate – advanced Excel skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.