“The art of communication is the language of leadership.” Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with one of the largest U.S. communications providers to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, this organisation strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. They're looking for a Senior Accountant to join their central London office. A fantastic basic salary, annual bonus and company benefits will be offered to the right person.
This accounting role will focus on month end reporting and variance commentary for movements in fixed assets, project and inventory. It will also involve statutory reporting under local GAAP EMEA legal entities including financial statements preparation. In addition, the position will involve preparation and compliance of balance sheet reconciliations.
What you will be doing:
• Monthly accounting and reporting responsibilities under US GAAP Fixed Asset and Inventory
• Asset CIP analysis and review with Operational Management teams
• Statutory reporting under local GAAP (IFRS) for EMEA legal entities including financial statements preparation
• Preparation of monthly entries and variance commentary for movements in Operating Expense
• Close liaison with EMEA FP&A to assist with commentary against forecast for EMEA Opex
• Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Providing support to the annual audit and quarterly review processes
• Close working with EMEA tax team on tax comps, VAT returns & preparing quarterly tax forecasts
• Assisting the Manager & EMEA Controller with ad-hoc projects
The required candidate for this role would preferably have worked in a multinational company or accountancy practice and have strong analytical skills. The candidate should have good Microsoft Office skills and ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team. The job requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Other requirements of the job:
• Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent
• Newly qualified to two years post qualification experience
• Experience of accounting systems and SAP experience a strong advantage
• IFRS reporting experience
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.