“The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power!” We’re currently working with a leading international business-to-business media Group who are looking for a Senior FP&A Analyst to support their Director of FP&A with all elements of management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and longer-term planning; providing valuable insight and analysis. This is a key role, providing exposure to all Divisions across the Group.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of monthly board level commentary, including a summary of the Group’s performance, analysis on revenue/profit trends, KPI reporting and the outlook for the financial year, considering both internal and external data
• Preparation of regular and ad-hoc analysis, reporting and presentations for the Board and Group Management Board
• Support the Head of Investor Relations providing data and analysis as required, assisting with external analysts’ queries, providing inputs for year-end, interim and capital markets day presentations
• Lead the improvement of systems to enhance business intelligence
• Develop a best-in-class Business Partnering approach to stakeholders, providing insight and analysis on trends, collating forecast risks and opportunities
• Support the Group’s monthly re-forecasting process, understanding the risks and opportunities and be able to communicate these clearly and effectively
• Manage the Annual Budget process ensuring key timelines adhered to and high quality of deliverables
• Support the Director of FP&A in the delivery of value adding projects including KPI development, planning process improvements, finance transformation activities
What we are looking for from you:
• Rigorous, quantitative and analytical thinker with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages to senior management
• Collaborative stakeholder management approach with sophisticated and multi-faceted influencing skills
• Ability to understand market trends to assess the implications for the Group, including a strong understanding of FX and its potential impact on performance
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and a financial consolidation system like Hyperion or SAP Business Objects (Financial Consolidation)
• Several years post-qualified FP&A experience
• Able to demonstrate examples of identifying areas for improvement and implementing new financial analysis that has enhanced performance management
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.