Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a FTSE-250 company to seek an exceptional and talented Business Analyst on a 12 month fixed term contract to perm basis. This is a truly commercial role, and gives great exposure to senior business members including the CFOO, Divisional Director and Director of Events.
The right candidate will thrive on working with the business to achieve results, want to drive through continual process improvement and change, be a great mentor to manage and develop one direct report and have a strong technical eye on the detail to accurately close the accounts.
Responsibilities will include:
• Fully responsible for the month end close reporting
• Management of 1 Direct Report
• Ensure accurate completion of month end SAP (BFC) packages including controls
• Assist with the designing of commission schemes
• Review work of the SMA, identify errors and ensure these are accurately corrected (e.g. management accounts, sales reports, commentary, etc)
• Interpret financial/non-financial information and other tasks completed with a view to identifying and solving issues
• Review inter-company, bank and control account reconciliations as well as subsidiary statutory accounts
• Prepare the balance sheet reconciliations for sign off by the FC / FM
• Organise, delegate and review any internal or external audit requests
• Produce a rolling 12 month forecast on a monthly basis, with sign off an input from the business
• Uphold the control environment and recommend appropriate processes, procedures and enhancements where appropriate
• Add value to the businesses in their portfolio by recommending revenue generating, cost saving or more efficient methods of work
• Managing, upskilling and developing talent within the team
• Monthly commentary on actuals and variances in the month
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Commercial acumen and understanding – able to provide insights and recommendations
• Strong attention to detail but able to communicate big picture
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
• Ability to present complex information effectively to a variety of audiences
• Knowledge of effective control environment and processes
• ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
• Experience of managing a direct report(s)
• Strong excel skills (advanced level essential)
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.