“The art of communication is the language of leadership.” Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with one of the largest U.S. communications providers to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, this organisation strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. We are proud to be assisting them with their search for an Accountant who will be based in their central London office.
As Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
• Monthly accounting and reporting responsibilities under US GAAP and statutory reporting under local GAAP for several entities
• Preparation of monthly variance commentary for accounting movements (p/l and b/s)
• Bank account reconciliation and VAT return preparation responsibilities for several entities
• Preparing some monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Close liaison with EMEA FP&A to assist with commentary against forecast for key COS accounting area
• Close working with the EMEA Tax team on VAT returns
• Working with Internal Audit on queries; with Procurement and AP to ensure consistency of accounting and clean balance sheet monthly positions
• Assisting the Lead Accountant and Senior Managers with ad-hoc projects
What we are looking for:
• Experience within a similarly sized entity or from an accounting firm
• Strong knowledge of core accounting principles
• Commercially astute
• Good planning / time management skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.