'The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power.' I currently have an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world's leading media groups. With offices in locations across the globe this is a great chance to join a world leader. From advertising to marketing this company have it covered!
The purpose of the role is to ensure monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting is completed and delivered accurately by the given deadlines.
Duties will include:
• Assist CFO in producing annual budgets and monthly re-forecasts
• Prepare quarterly forecasts with actual and forward looking budget
• Take ownership of overhead cost budgeting in conjunction with agency
• Liaise with operations to finalise headcount and salary related budgets
• Prepare supporting analysis and Hyperion formats
• Produce monthly P & L including commentary on all material variances
• Prepare and process month end journals/re-classifications
• Upload and submission of the monthly Hyperion management accounts
• Perform reconciliations from the general ledger to the management accounts
• Produce departmental P & L statements and present a synopsis to various key stake holders
• Analysis of the Balance Sheet position and explanation of variances against budget and previous quarter
• Perform reconciliations from the general ledger to the management account balances
• Revaluation of foreign debtors and creditors each month
• Produce P&L caption results/budgets for Balance Sheet related accounts
• Cash flow modelling and analysing debtor and creditor days
• Project work to implement accurate monitoring and reporting of fixed assets
• Production of month end files for sign off by CFO and Group FC
• Responsibility for the reconciliation of payroll to the general ledger and preparation of monthly salary journals
• Reconciliation of monthly payroll to rolling budget
• Produce all salary related captions and ensure that all salary related balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled
• Prepare the year-end financial statements under UK GAAP and associated documents
• Prepare reconciliation to US GAAP figures
• Prepare the year-end statutory tax package
• CIMA / ACCA Qualified
• Strong excel skills, Experience of an ERP system and Hyperion preferable
• Very organised with good attention to detail
• Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
• Strong communication and relationship building skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.