Sheridan Maine is working with an international business to recruit a Project Accountant into their London based finance team. Reporting to the Finance Director you will primarily be responsible for all aspects of the financial management and reporting of a portfolio of projects. However, the role will also include a significant contribution to the general financial management of the London office in other areas.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Maintain accurate records of all expenditure and revenue for projects with variance analysis
• Manage project accounts ensuring timely reconciliation and invoicing in line with contract requirements
• Work with finance and project staff to improve systems and processes
• Provide accurate and timely project financial reporting to colleagues and clients
• Support the Finance Director and project teams in the setting-up and monitoring of finance teams based overseas
• Participate in the quarterly technical and financial review of projects
• Provide advice and support to field project consultants on matters related to accounting and finance management
• Support the design and provision of training to project managers to ensure that all financial systems that need to be put in place in projects are understood and being implemented
• Develop and maintain tools and procedures for preparation of budgets and financial proposals
• Carry out month end accounting including Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Prepare Company Management Accounts
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic accountant who enjoys challenging work and is keen to further their career.
Some of the key skills, experience and qualities required include:
• Qualified or finalist with a minimum of three years of relevant experience
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office skills and ERP systems
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent analytical, organisational, and communication skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.