My client is a medically-led laboratory, established in 1987. It is the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a growing organisation and be part of a busy and friendly finance department. They are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual that wants to develop and grow with the company.
Your responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
• Review of the monthly profit and loss accounts for the group to identify any prepayments or accruals required for month end reporting
• Maintain and update a detail listing of prepayments and accruals with backing support as required
• Preparation of quarterly reconciliations and the ability to identify transactions that should be recharged between companies within the Group
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Liaise with managers across the business to understand any material movements in management accounts compared to budget and documentation of the understanding on a monthly basis in the format of management commentary
• Preparation and review of divisional profit and loss accounts including commentary for reporting to the board
• Maintain the fixed asset register and ensure assets are categorised in the correct area
• Monitor capex spend for new building and other projects/spend against the budget
• Assistance with the preparation of the annual budgets and reforecasts
• Managing a small team and assist with streamlining the processes and controls
• Preparation of financial statements and annual tax compliance packs
• Liaising with and preparation of deliverables for the annual external audit and internal audits as required
• Completion of the monthly CIS and assistance with the preparation of VAT returns
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Part or qualified ACCA or CIMA
• Minimum of 1-2 years of management accounting experience and preferably a multi company environment
• Demonstrate basic understanding of VAT and recovery under standard and partial exemption rules
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Intermediate level for Excel with working knowledge of pivot tables and look ups
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.