“Finance is not merely about making money. It’s about achieving our deep goals and protecting the fruits of labour.” This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of one of London’s oldest banks. A FTSE250 company with a brand new office in South West London and many opportunities within the business, this a company that few people want to leave.
As Technical Accounting Manager, you will manage the provision of technical accounting support and implementation of accounting change requirements across the group. Reporting into the Head of External Reporting & Accounting Policy, you will assist him/her in delivering the half year and annual reports, Finrep and presentations for the Audit Committee.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Provide strong advisory support and liaise closely with all divisional Finance teams, responding to any technical accounting and Finrep queries in a prompt manner relating to accounting technical issues across the Group
• Assist with the delivery of the half year and annual reports
• Manage and assist in performing deep dives into technical accounting and Finrep reviews
• Provide challenge and review of technical accounting and Finrep papers from divisional Finance teams
• Assist with the preparation of new accounting policies and policy updates for the Group Accounting Manual
• Manage the implementation of accounting and Finrep change initiatives including preparation of accounting policy documentation
• Deliver ad-hoc technical training of key accounting and Finrep areas
• Manage the preparation of results of accounting change assessments for Audit, Bank, Risk and Steering committees
• Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders and external advisors
• Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the firm's policies, procedures, standards and SLAs
What we need from you:
• Degree qualified or equivalent; commercially strong and analytical
• ACA, or equivalent, minimum 2 years PQE
• Proven track record of delivering effective reporting under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Can demonstrate experience of collaborating with others across functional and geographic boundaries
• Good technical knowledge and a strong interest in understanding commercial operations and the key drivers of value within the businesses
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.