"The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves."
Our client is a global quality assurance and risk management company. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, their experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
They are looking for an experienced and motivated professional who will be required to work closely with the Heads of Section and Team Leads and Cost Controllers to support the growth and development of the department. A key aspect of the role will be to provide professional financial advice and support the department's management team whilst adhering to internal processes and policies and at the same time complying with external audit requirements.
You will be responsible for ensuring strong financial control of departmental performance whilst supporting management in decision making and strategies to grow the department profitably. This includes the following key skills and activities:
• Strong communication skills with multiple stakeholder groups across the organisation
• Regular reviews of the project portfolio with Cost Controllers and the Cost Controller Manager to ensure that the financial integrity of the projects is robust
• Strong focus on cash flow metrics to ensure WIP and AR balances are minimised across the UK organisation
• Adherence to month end deadlines specifically the period end close, P&L preparation and reporting of the financial performance to Heads of Department and Regional Management
We are looking for:
• Financial qualifications desirable (ACA, ACCA, ACMA); - Finalist/Newly Qualified
• Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications
• User knowledge of finance systems and ERP applications
• Strong communication and listening skill with attention to detail
• Ability to optimise financial processes
• Must be flexible and adaptable, pro-active to changing the needs of the team
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.