"Wine is bottled poetry!" We are working with a dynamic, award winning and fast growing wine company to recruit a Financial Accountant into their thriving finance department.
Primarily dealing with financial accounting, including group reporting, statutory reporting, compliance and consolidation, you will also be involved with reconciliation, banking and ad hoc analysis.
This role emanates opportunities to be involved with all aspects of finance and have exposure to senior management and commercial teams. There will also be opportunities to business partner across finance and non-finance teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Production of monthly group reporting pack to senior management, including all eliminations and intercompany postings
• Ownership of the balance sheet across the group, ensuring accurate and reconciled numbers
• Ownership of statutory compliance reporting, payments and correspondence with tax and other authorities
• Management of the statutory audit and relationship with auditors
• Working closely with Senior Management Accountant on preparation of month end accounts that flow into group reporting
• Driving improvements in effectiveness and control environment across the finance team
• Delivering improvement projects across finance and non-finance teams
• Responsibility for confirming accuracy of payment runs and maintaining a view of cash levels
Your Skills and experience will include:
• Part qualified accountant, preferably exam qualified or close to being so
• Experience with statutory reporting, compliance and consolidation
• Ability to effectively communicate to both financial and non-financial people
• Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
• Strong IT and technical financial skills
• Desire to learn and grow in an SME environment
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.