Are you an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk? Have you got experience of working with a large ledger, ability to hit targets and are you KPI driven? If so I would love to hear from you.
We are working on behalf of one of London's leading universities to find a credit controller for an interim period. We are purely looking for a credit controller who has worked within the further education industry.
The purpose of this role is to assist the section Supervisor as part of the student debt team to fulfil the responsibility of controlling debt management and ensure that unpaid debts within the assigned area are chased for payment in accordance with the College's credit policy, taking action where necessary to ensure that debts are kept to a minimum.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensure that unpaid debts within the assigned area are pursued within College policy and procedures
• Have a professional manner in contacting customers regarding outstanding accounts
• Liaise with other departments, staff and third parties to resolve queries in a timely and professional manner
• Be responsible for monitoring payment arrangements and extensions, where agreed by the manager, ensuring they are complied with and take appropriate action in the event of any default
• Recommend to the Credit Control Supervisor further action through County Court or outside agency where all previous efforts have failed to resolve the outstanding debt
• Regularly check ledgers for maintenance and clearance of small balances or abnormal transactions and rectifying and occurrences of unmatched cash
• Be responsible for processing overpayments back to customers in line with college policy whilst being mindful of any exposure to fraudulent transactions or attempted money laundering
• Ensure that correspondence and other queries received are actioned in a timely manner, and respond as required to queries from debtors or relevant members of College staff
The candidate must have exposure to achieving large targets and fantastic communication skills. You must also have strong Excel skills (pivot tables / v look ups).
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible!