Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with one of the largest U.S. communications providers to global enterprise customers. With clients in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, this organisation aims to be the world's best networking company.
They're looking for a Senior Accountant to join their central London office. A fantastic basic salary, annual bonus and company benefits will be offered to the right person.
As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for and engage with internal stakeholders covering US GAAP (Opex) and Local reporting for several entities, mainly within their large UK entity, working closely with the Lead Accountant and FP&A to ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting under tight deadlines.
The successful Senior Accountants day to day duties will include:
• Monthly accounting and reporting responsibilities under US GAAP and statutory reporting under local GAAP (IFRS and UK) for several entities, mainly within our large UK entity
• Preparation of monthly variance commentary for accounting movements (p/l and b/s)
• Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Providing support to the annual US GAAP audit and quarterly review processes
• Close liaison with EMEA FP&A to assist with commentary against forecast for key Opex accounting areas
• Close working with the EMEA Tax team on annual tax computations, CIS returns, VAT Returns, ad-hoc VAT issues and preparing quarterly forecasting
• Working with Procurement and AP to ensure consistency of accounting and clean balance sheet monthly positions
• Assisting the Lead Accountant, Senior Managers and VP Controller EMEA with ad-hoc projects
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
• ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified preferable
• Experience within a similarly sized entity or from an accounting firm
• Strong knowledge of core accounting principles
• Commercially astute
• Motivation to succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Microsoft Office – intermediate or advanced Excel skills
We are looking for an ambitious, hard-working individual, with strong attention to detail and good communication skills. You will also be a team player, self-motivated with a hands-on approach to getting things done and seeking continuous process improvement.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.