“The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power!” We’re currently working with a top international business-to-business media Group who are looking for a proactive Financial Controller.
As FC, your role will be to implement best in class commercial and business controls, processes and reporting procedure requirements with an objective to ensure the integrity of the accounts and support the ambitious business growth through outstanding partnering with the business.
Reporting to the CFO/COO of the division, this position will work closely with the commercial finance teams and business leaders and support the ambitious growth strategy. This is a hands-on, roll up your sleeves position. Successful candidates will have a passion for effectiveness and efficiency, as well as working within a team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Lead, mentor and develop finance teams across the regions (based in the UK, Brussels, New York, Boston, Shanghai)
• Oversee day-to-day aspects of the international accounting including month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes for the full division
• Full ownership of the division’s balance sheets and ensure business is accountable
• Continuously identify, design, develop and implement ongoing enhancement of accounting and reporting processes
• Develop high-impact communications and presentations
• Lead and oversee all financial reporting and processes across the division
• Support the monthly forecast, annual budget and 3 year business planning processes including overseeing consolidation and preparing budget presentations
• Ensure all accounting is in line with company policies and procedures
• Oversee the review and sign off all monthly balance sheet reconciliations – responsible for overall trial balance
• Oversee the relationships with Central Finance for the delivery of payroll, accounts payable, fixed assets, revenue, and lease accounting
• Own the relationship with internal and external auditors (including exchange audits) and implement the conclusions to ensure best practices
We are looking for:
• Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) with strong financial accounting experience and global leadership skills
• Strong knowledge of UK and US GAAP and IFRS
• Experience in reviewing and optimising business processes and delivery of process improvement projects
• Demonstrated experience leading diverse teams, influencing cross-functionally and driving changes
• Leading communication skills, both interpersonally and written, especially in presenting at senior levels within the organisation
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.