Company: A small London based private equity firm whose mission is to partner with luxury goods brands to help them expand internationally. Our portfolio today is focused on premium beauty and includes brands such as Diptyque, the French perfumer, Byredo, the Swedish fragrance house, Space NK, the UK and US premium beauty retailer as well as a number of fast growing cosmetic and make up brands including Eve Lom, Kevyn Aucoin and Lipstick Queen.
Key responsibilities: The Finance Manager will support the Finance Director with all of the accounting for the fund and any associated projects.
• Maintain accounts and financial records for all entities, including the Investment Fund and UK Management Company
• Prepare the annual Budget and monitor monthly performance
• Review invoices and expense claims, ensuring costs have been correctly coded and billed to the correct legal entity
• Challenge all costs and spending
• Review and approve monthly payment runs
• Perform regular balance sheet review, including bank reconciliations
• Assist with the annual independent valuation of the Fund's investment portfolio
• Maintain and track records for management share schemes and minority interests
• Liaise with the Group's auditors and ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely fashion
• Compile quarterly performance reports for the Fund's investments
• Maintain the record of capital deployed (by investment), incl. foreign currency adjustments
• Maintain the record of upcoming cash requirements and ensure these are communicated both internally and to the Investor on a timely basis
• Assist with ad hoc Investor reporting
• Assist with projects associated with the strategic goals of the portfolio
• Prepare information for the Corporate tax returns and liaise with the Group's tax advisors
• Prepare FCA regulatory filings
• Liaise with regulators and advisors in any foreign jurisdictions, as necessary
• Review quarterly VAT returns and ensure these are submitted on time
• ACA or ACCA newly qualified
• Undergraduate degree from a high quality institution
• Good excel skills
• Prior experience working with investment funds helpful
Key Skills and Personal Abilities
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Interest in the retail and beauty industry
• Reliable, self-driven
• Ability to work independently
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.