The world of marketing has changed. You can lead the change or be a victim of change! Our client is a content discovery platform who specialise in marketing by driving web traffic to massive brands such as McDonalds, Reiss and Fox News to name but a few. They operate from offices in 11 global territories and partner with publishers and marketers in over 55 countries.
They are currently looking for a Financial Accountant for their busy finance department based in central London. This is a 12 month full time contract to cover maternity leave so they are looking for an immediate start.
Reporting directly to the Finance and Accounting Manager Europe, this represents a great opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of a finance department in a rapidly growing digital organisation.
They are looking for a team player, who doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and helping out in different areas as well as someone who has a proven track record of delivering to tight month end timelines.
In return the company provides a great environment and culture as well as many benefits which include weekly office lunches, social events, gym membership, to name a few.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain the general ledger, post journals, complete month end using financial system (Netsuite) and ensure smooth finance operations across the Group
• Maintain reconciliation of key accounts including payroll, commissions and employment taxes, as well as pensions and accrued vacation
• Work closely with HR to coordinate monthly payment of salaries and related taxes timely across 7 countries
• Liaising with external auditors as one of the main points of contact for the year end and statutory audits
• Assist with preparation of an ETB (extended trial balance) through to submission of the annual statutory group financial statements, as well as subsidiary filings
• Review monthly packs for submission from external accountants across Europe
• Support the development of finance functions and processes and assist in testing of system upgrades and automation projects
What you'll need to be successful:
• Experience in handling sensitive information with professionalism and care
• Relevant work experience in a similar accounting role 2+ years
• PQ finalist or newly qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA
• Strong Microsoft Excel and accounting system skills
• Forensic attention to detail
• Effective communication skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.